On March 25th, the ICGBV hosted an event for the 65th Commission on the Status of Women. We focused in on how GBV can impact the full and equal participation of women and girls with disabilities.
Please note that due to technical difficulties on Zoom, unfortunately the international sign interpretation did not record. Carolyn’s Philippine Sign Language did not record either, however her interpreters John and Joi are viewable in the video and the transcript can be access at the link above or via YouTube.
- Introduction – Siobhan McGee, Chair ICGBV & CEO ActionAid Ireland
- Opening remarks – Ambassador Geraldine Bryne Nason, Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations
- Moderation – Mary Keogh, Advocacy Director, CBM Global
- Carolyn Dagani – President, Philippine Federation of the Deaf
- Tendai Dondofema – Social Worker, Deaf Zimbabwe Trust
- Barbra Nyangairi – Executive Director, Deaf Zimbabwe Trust