Re-advertisement – Coordinator
The Irish Consortium on Gender Based Violence (ICGBV) is an Irish based alliance of International human rights, humanitarian and development organisations, including International NGO’s and Government Bodies. We work together to increase knowledge and understanding of gender based violence, and to ensure high quality programming and policy responses, in both Humanitarian and Development settings. We also build leadership to support our shared vision of a world free from gender based violence.
Currently hosted by Trócaire, the Consortium is seeking to employ a fulltime Coordinator. The purpose of the Coordinator role is to support the Consortium’s members in the implementation of its multiannual Strategic Plan in accordance with annually agreed plans, to represent the Consortium with external bodies and to manage the staff of the Consortium.
Reporting to the ICGBV Chair, this is a two year full time contract and is based in Ireland . The incumbent will be a line manager to the Policy and Research Officer in the ICGBV
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults The ICGBV is currently hosted by Trócaire and ICGBV contracts are issued by Trócaire. Therefore ICGBV staff are expected to comply with both the Consortium and Trócaire’s Safeguarding policies. Trócaire is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives.
Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. All offers of employment will be subject to pre employment checks including satisfactory references and appropriate screening (e.g. police/garda vetting, counter terrorism and anti-trafficking). Trócaire also participates in the InterAgency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and all employees will be subject to this as part of contract of employment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a lead role in setting the vision and strategic plan for the organisation over the medium-long term, working with the Chair and Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
- Lead delivery and reporting of the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- In conjunction with the Chair, Steering Committee and Learning and Practice Working Group, develop and implement an annual operating plan and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Provide management and leadership for the team of employees and members of the Consortium.
- Promote an environment that is conducive to the development of best practice, enhances retention and promotes good employee relations.
- Maintain a high level of staff morale, promoting good communication, team spirit and job satisfaction among members of the team. Strive to ensure that staff are accountable, responsible and have authority to work within their roles.
- Play a lead role in the recruitment and selection of staff for the organisation.
- Ensure that the team are effectively supported with development of personal development plans and the implementation of appropriate performance management.
- Build and maintain linkages with appropriate stakeholders within Ireland and internationally.
- Identify emerging needs for members in terms of learning, and coordinate and support members in the delivery of responses to such needs.
- Identify advocacy opportunities for the Consortium, and coordinate and support members in the delivery of responses to such opportunities.
- Work with the Steering Committee to maintain and ensure adherence to the organisation’s governance code, and other statutory requirements, e.g. data protection.
- Prepare all Steering Committee meetings and ensure their smooth and effective running.
Finance and Funding
- Manage Consortium finances and assets including preparing operating budgets.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders on returns and reports to members and funders and preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Work with the Chair and Steering Committee to ensure continued adherence to finance and governance procedures of the organisation.
- Active management of relationship with funders. Pursuing additional funding and fundraising opportunities.
Communications and representation
- Active representation of the ICGBV on key external bodies and groups.
- Promote the work of the Consortium across a variety of platforms and with various stakeholders.
Behavioural Competencies needed for this role
- Leading: acts to inspire and lead others to achieve the goals of the Consortium.
- Communicating: communicates clearly and effectively internaly and externally.
- Collaborating: maintains positive collaborative relationships within and outside the Consortium.
- Stewardship of Resources: Ensures the best use of the Consortium’s resources, i.e. using our resources transparently, sustainably & with integrity.
- Delivering Results: getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
- Continual Improvement & Learning: constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and Consortium members to better fulfil the Consortium’s mission.
- Flexibility & Change: adapts positively to change and to different ways of doing things; manages or takes part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organisation.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
- An academic qualification in a relevant field (for example Gender Equality ; Health; International Development) or relevant equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in international development, with a focus on the field of gender and gender based violence.
- Proven coordination, leadership, advocacy and policy experience and skills including excellent writing skills
- Collaborative, transparent and communicative approach to work that seeks to include all members of the team as well as the Consortium
Person Specification – Desirable
- Experience of a leadership role in a membership based organisation
- Technical expertise in the field of gender based violence in humanitarian and/or development contexts.
- Experience of working in a country in the Global South.
- Experience of managing finances, budgets and business planning.
- Experience in managing GBV projects or support services nationally or internationally
- Experience of fundraising and grant management.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th September 2022.
Apply here: https://apply.workable.com/trocaire/j/8BF1FA254D/
Applications will be considered for those who have the authority to live and work in the Republic of Ireland
At Trócaire, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of performance and integrity in line with our organisational values. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs. Trócaire is committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, recruiting and employing staff from diverse backgrounds and with diverse identities, at all levels in the organisation. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disability. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.