The Irish Consortium on Gender Based Violence hosted a Side Event for the 67th Commission on the Status of Women titled ‘Gender-Based Violence and Technology: Risks, Opportunities, Challenges.’
The event was organised with the Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations, Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and Department of Foreign Affairs. In conjunction with this event, the Consortium developed a policy paper: ‘Technology and GBV: Risk and Opportunities’ available here – https://www.gbv.ie/?p=1883
It was a powerful event, which was expertly introduced and moderated by Jennifer McCarthy Flynn, Coordinator of the Irish Consortium on Gender Based Violence.
The speakers were outstanding and represented a strong and diverse mix of women from the Global South as well as policy makers from Ireland and the EU. Minister Roderic O’Gorman and Ambassador Fergal Mythen represented the Government of Ireland.
- Jennifer McCarthy Flynn, ICGBV
- Dr. Jennifer Okeke, National Women’s Council, Ireland
- Rebecca Kallih, Rainbo Initiative, Sierra Leone
- Hon. Neema Lugangari, Member of Parliament, Tanzania
- Sarah Schlitz, Federal State Secretary for Gender Equality, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, Belgium
Video contributions were made by Ifrah Ahmed, IFRAH Foundation and Nisha Lama Karki, Action Aid Nepal and can be watched below: