During 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence the Irish Consortium on Gender Based Violence hosted an event on the Ireland’s time on the United Nations Security Council and the role local women’s voices played in their mission.
Over 2021-2022, Ireland co-chaired the Informal Expert Group on Women, Peace and Security with Mexico. The Consortium organised listening sessions with women civil-society actors and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland to share local women’s perspectives ahead of the Informal Expert Group meetings.
Our excellent panelists included:
– Ambassador Fergal Mythen: Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations
– Mona Ahmed al-Shawwa: Director of the Women’s Rights Unit of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights
– Leïla El Ali: Executive Director of Association Najdeh
– Charline Yakombo Epiphanie Bangbi: Assistant Project Manager Conflict, Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction for Concern Worldwide
– Pablo Castillo Diaz: Policy Specialist on Peace and Security at UN Women